Horses were essential in early Alaska. These images illustrate the different ways that horses were used by the pioneers. Each set contains one card of the following:
11. A Stage Load of Travelers, Fairbanks-Valdez Trail
13. L. T. Erwin's Teams With Largest Loads of Wood Ever Hauled in the Country
37. Mail and Freight on the Valdez Summit
92. Horse-drawn Sleds in Front of Wortman's Roadhouse
147. The Water Man Caught in a Snow Storm
148. Fairbanks Fire Department in Action
Each set contains six notecards which are blank inside and six envelopes, all in a lovely white box with a clear cover.